Saturday, 15 February 2014

The beginning of enlightenment....Asperger's

This blog has been a long time in the making, or at least in thought. I have been wanting to start this for ages but as a true ADHD adult the thought happens and stays interesting for as long as it takes to set up the blog and then the interest and drive for that subject has disappeared and boredom sets in.

So today I set aside time to get this blog up and running.  I hope to add to the background and story as I go but not all in one sit down. 

I am not sure why this is so important to me, maybe it is because I feel so strongly about what was right with our (my son's, husband and myself)  journey and what was definitely wrong with what happened. Maybe it is because I was silent for so long while I took the misguided advise, opinions and even lectures from teachers, school staff, well meaning parents and not so well meaning parents and doctors. Maybe I am confident enough now to know that I have a handle on this and it is working our way. Maybe I worry that other parents and family's in similar situations may end up "conforming" to what the world says and in tern their wonderfully wired children will be put through horribly traumatic (to an aspergers child) situations. I am not sure what my aim is with this blog, what the reason is, but I do know that I have to do it. So here we go.......




No comments:

Post a Comment